Born in the lab and raised between the tapes, Peaty's Link Lube is a minty fresh, triple distilled, ultra high speed chain oil for use in all conditions.
Our unique formula penetrates and cleans deep inside your chain, driving out moisture, grit and grime and replacing them with unique blend of oils and waxes (Peaty's secret sauce) to lubricate and protect. Yes, you read that correctly! Peaty's Link Lube actually cleans your chain as you use it!
You'll see that when your bottle of LinkLube has been sat still for a while, it will settle with the clear base lube on top and the blue secret sauce slowly falling to the bottom of the bottle. Fear not! This is an important feature which enables our lube to be used in all weather conditions.
The clear base lube is an anti-corrosive, fast penetrating, water displacing oil which - when shaken up with our secret sauce - will find it's way into every nook and cranny of your chain. Once it reaches the depth of your chain links, the base oil will drive out moisture, grit and grime - leaving the special sauce behind to reduce friction, reduce vibration and reduce drivetrain noise.
- Always fully degrease your drivetrain before applying fresh lube. For best results, use Peaty's Drivetrain Degreaser
- Ensure you thoroughly wash your chain with clean water after degreasing (degreaser is designed to eat chain oil after all)
- Remove as much water as you can from the chain - a quick wipe with a clean cloth will do fine
- Give the bottle a good shake to evenly distribute the secret sauce
- Apply the lube while cycling the chain backwards (eBikes will need to be pedalled forwards in a stand) ensuring every link is adequately covered
- Keep cycling the chain for 10seconds or so to help the lube work its way into your chain
- Thoroughly wipe away all excess lube from your chain using a clean cloth (excess oil on the outside of the chain will attract dust in dry conditions).
- For wet weather conditions, leave a small amount of lube on the outside of the chain for longer-lasting protection.
- On first use with pre-used chains, you may find that your chain turns black - this is the LinkLube driving out grime from deep in your chain. Just keep riding, degreasing, lubing and repeating until your chain runs shiny clean once more!
Caution - Do not get LinkLube (or any lube for that matter!) on your brakes or brake pads.